Winter in New York City
Midtown Manhattan in the winter is great for families and becomes a very memorable tourist destination. Take a short walk to the Grand Central Holiday Fair or immerse yourself in the 5th Avenue lights & displays. You can’t miss this! Lastly, Macy’s Santaland is a 13,000-square-foot holiday display that’s certain to give you the holiday cheer. The Iroquois New York hotel is in the center of it all.
Entertainment & Attractions
- Grand Central Terminal Holiday Fair - A short walk from the hotel, the expansive holiday fair inside historic Vanderbilt Hall features over 40 vendors selling a range of artisan products for all ages. Get your holiday shopping done here. Read more here.
- 5th Avenue lights & displays - You can’t miss the holiday lights and displays on Fifth Avenue – dazzling enough to get any scrooge into the holiday spirit. Chart your path, starting at Saks Fifth Avenue at 49th Street, followed by Henri Bendel at 56th Street, Tiffany & Co at 57th Street and Bergdorf Goodman at 58th Street. Stop in for holiday shopping along the way.
- Macy’s Santaland - A few blocks down from The Iroquois New York is fun for the whole family with Macy’s Santaland. Located inside the Herald Square Macy’s is the 13,000-square-foot holiday display wonderland showcasing Santa, caroling snowmen, reindeer and festive décor. Learn more here.
- Love in Times Square – When love is in the air there is no stopping the surprise proposals, Times Square Weddings and Vow Renewals at the 11th Annual Love in Times Square event. For Further Information.
- New York Fashion Week: February 7-15, 2019 – Considered a fashion capitol, New York has continued to influence the international fashion scene. Plus, it occurs twice a year! Visit Website
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade: March 17, 2019 – Get caught up in the celebration and festivities this St. Patty’s Day. Visitors can view the annual parade along 5th Avenue between 44th Street and 79th Street from 11 am – 5 pm. Visit Website
Before You Go:Tip #1 – Bring your winter jacket, plus all the accessories. If you happen to forget your winter closet, there are many shops close by, like Saks Fifth Avenue and Macy’s.
Tip #2 – It’s time for your next adventure. Our Midtown Manhattan hotel is blocks from Central Park, which is an oasis in the middle of a concrete jungle and has activities all year-round.
Tip #3 – Prepare a travel plan whether that be a taxi or catch the subway! The Iroquois New York is near several subway lines. For other information regarding transportation, click here.